Ekonomik Accountants becomes member of MFIC.
The Montenegrin Foreign Investors’ Council - the MFIC - an association of the leading foreign investors in the country, was established in 2009.
The Council was established as a non-governmental and non-profit organization aimed at the following:
- Improving the investment climate and supporting business development in Montenegro;
- Representing and expressing the opinion of its members for the purpose of promoting common interests and stimulating direct foreign investment;
- Promoting communication, cooperation and current dialogue between the Council and the official authorities in Montenegro;
- Cooperating with the official authorities in Montenegro for the purpose of overcoming possible problems and obstacles that foreign investors may face, as well as in economic relations with other countries;
- Promoting the interests of the international business community in Montenegro, and informing its members and other stakeholders on possibilities regarding the investment climate in Montenegro;
- Connecting with the other foreign organizations of investors within the SEE region for the purpose of:
- sharing the benefits and experiences of worldwide best practice; and
- analyzing concrete tools in order to facilitate regional business activities.
The Council's key document is the White Book ( previous editions of the White books are at https://www.mfic.me/phocadownload/MFICGuideBook/MFIC%20Guide%202019.pdf ), an annual publication informing the general public and all stakeholders about the business environment and the obstacles to doing business experienced by foreign investors in Montenegro and, more importantly, providing recommendations for removing the identified barriers, aimed at increasing the attractiveness and competitiveness of the Montenegrin economy.